- Photon Transport in a Bose-Hubbard Chain of Superconducting Artificial Atoms
G. P. Fedorov et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 126, 180503 (2021)
- Path-Dependent Supercooling of the
He3 Superfluid A-B Transition
Dmytro Lotnyk et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 126, 215301 (2021)
- Superconductivity in an extreme strange metal
D. H. Nguyen et al., Nat Commun 12, 4341 (2021)
- High-Q Silicon Nitride Drum Resonators Strongly Coupled to Gates
Xin Zhou et al., Nano Lett. 21, 5738-5744 (2021)
- Measurement of the 229Th isomer energy with a magnetic micro-calorimeter
T. Sikorsky et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 125 (2020) 142503
Probing quasiparticle excitations in a hybrid single electron transistorH.S. Knowles, V.F. Maisi, J.P. Pekola
We investigate the behavior of quasiparticles in a hybrid electron turnstile with the aim of improving its performance as a metrological current source. The device is used to directly probe the density of quasiparticles and monitor their relaxation into normal metal traps. We compare different trap geometries and reach quasiparticle densities below 3 μm−3 for pumping frequencies of 20 MHz. Our data show that quasiparticles are excited both by the device operation itself and by the electromagnetic environment of the sample. Our observations can be modelled on a quantitative level with a sequential tunnelingmodel and a simple diffusion equation.
Appl. Phys. Lett.