- Andreev Reflection in Superfluid He-3: A Probe for Quantum Turbulence
Bradley et al., Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics Vol. 8: 407-430 (2017)
- Operating Nanobeams in a Quantum Fluid
Bradley et al., Nature Scientific Reports 7, 4876 (2017)
- Single Quantum Level Electron Turnstile
D.M.T. Van Zanten et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 166801 (2016)
- Topological Superconductivity and High Chern Numbers in 2D Ferromagnetic Shiba Lattices
J. Röntynen, T. Ojanen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114 236803, (2015)
- Squeezing of Quantum Noise of Motion in a Micromechanical Resonator
J.-M. Pirkkalainen et al., Phys. Rev. Lett 115, 24 (2015)
- Direct-current superconducting quantum interference devices for the readout of metallic magnetic calorimeters
S. Kempf, A. Ferring, A. Fleischmann, C. Enss, Supercond. Sci. Technol. 28 , 045008 (2015)
Probing quasiparticle excitations in a hybrid single electron transistorH.S. Knowles, V.F. Maisi, J.P. Pekola
We investigate the behavior of quasiparticles in a hybrid electron turnstile with the aim of improving its performance as a metrological current source. The device is used to directly probe the density of quasiparticles and monitor their relaxation into normal metal traps. We compare different trap geometries and reach quasiparticle densities below 3 μm−3 for pumping frequencies of 20 MHz. Our data show that quasiparticles are excited both by the device operation itself and by the electromagnetic environment of the sample. Our observations can be modelled on a quantitative level with a sequential tunnelingmodel and a simple diffusion equation.
Appl. Phys. Lett.