- Andreev Reflection in Superfluid He-3: A Probe for Quantum Turbulence
Bradley et al., Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics Vol. 8: 407-430 (2017)
- Operating Nanobeams in a Quantum Fluid
Bradley et al., Nature Scientific Reports 7, 4876 (2017)
- Single Quantum Level Electron Turnstile
D.M.T. Van Zanten et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 166801 (2016)
- Topological Superconductivity and High Chern Numbers in 2D Ferromagnetic Shiba Lattices
J. Röntynen, T. Ojanen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114 236803, (2015)
- Squeezing of Quantum Noise of Motion in a Micromechanical Resonator
J.-M. Pirkkalainen et al., Phys. Rev. Lett 115, 24 (2015)
- Direct-current superconducting quantum interference devices for the readout of metallic magnetic calorimeters
S. Kempf, A. Ferring, A. Fleischmann, C. Enss, Supercond. Sci. Technol. 28 , 045008 (2015)
Bifurcation, mode coupling and noise in a nonlinear multimode superconducting microwave resonatorTancredi, G., Ithier, G. and Meeson, P.
The addition of nonlinearity to an harmonic resonator provides a route to complex dynamical behaviour of resonant modes, including coupling between them. We present a superconducting device that makes use of the nonlinearity of Josephson junctions to introduce a controlled, tunable, nonlinear inductance to a thin film coplanar waveguide resonator. Considering the device as a potential quantum optical component in the microwave regime, we create a sensitive bifurcation amplifier and then demonstrate spectroscopy of other resonant modes via the intermode coupling. We find that the sensitivity of the device approaches within a factor two quantitative agreement with a quantum model by Dykman but is limited by a noise that has its source(s) on-chip.
Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 063504 (2013)